Rogers County, Oklahoma, Congressional District OK-4
Oklahoma Department of Commerce
Tissue paper maker Sofidel chose Rogers County in Oklahoma as the site for their new 1.8 million-square-foot facility. New public water lines were necessary in order to make the site viable, and Rogers County requested CDBG funds in order to provide the necessary public infrastructure to allow Sofidel’s private investment to move forward.
- The Sofidel project created 256 jobs with wages above the average for the county. 91% of those jobs were filled by low to moderate income individuals.
- The project had a very high economic impact with more than 200 quality jobs in a relatively rural area of southern Rogers County and very large investment of close to $400 million in a stable industry with long-term assets.
“Partnering with Oklahoma was a positive and simplified process for Sofidel. As an Italian-headquartered global company, locating centrally in the U.S. market is fundamental for the growth of the Sofidel Group and the new plant, enabling an enhanced production capacity and a further improvement of the geographical coverage. We worked with the Governor’s team and Department of Commerce officials, to establish relationships that allowed us to feel confident in investing in Inola, Oklahoma. We will continue to work to create jobs and grow the local economy as we strengthen our position and conditions for further growth and expansion arise.”
– Jose Zarandona, Site Operations Manager, Sofidel America
“We are proud to partner with our state, local and business leaders to attract new growth opportunities to the great state of Oklahoma through a highly collaborative economic development strategy. We all benefit from our state’s abundant natural gas supplies being in close proximity to where the resource is consumed, which allows our company to deliver reliable, affordable energy to businesses like Sofidel, who also recognizes that energy costs are critical to their company’s competitive advantage.”
Pierce Norton, president and CEO of ONE
Project Type Infrastructure
o Oklahoma Department of Commerce
o Oklahoma Department of Transportation
o Greater Tulsa Chamber
o Rogers County
o Public Service Company of Oklahoma
o Oklahoma Natural Gas
o Cherokee Nation
• CDBG $1.3 million
• Private funds $360,000,000 (Company Name: Sofidel )
• Other public funds (please list source) $961,646 (EDA)
• Total $362,261,646