James Reeves Member Contribution Award
This award recognizes the individual from COSCDA member agencies that has, over the last five years, made the most significant contribution to the work and mission of COSCDA.
A member’s contribution can be demonstrated in a number of ways, including but not limited to: frequent and active participation in COSCDA workshops and conferences; responsiveness to staff requests for information or surveys; providing well prepared and thoughtful input on developing COSCDA policy positions; service on committees; making Congressional visits or contacts on COSCDA positions; providing peer to peer assistance to other members; active support for and participation in regional meetings of states; serving as trainers in COSCDA sponsored boot camps; and other roles to support and advance the COSCDA vision, mission and strategic plan.
COSCDA 2020 Award Recognition Application
This year the COSCDA Awards Review Subcommittee is launching something different, rather than recognizing the traditional President’s Award for Innovation and the programmatic COSCDA Sterling Achievement Awards, the committee will highlight a state agency for exemplary administration of the Home Investment Partnership Program (HOME), Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and/or CDBG – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR).
The criteria for selection:
- Consistently scores well on performance/expenditure reports from HUD.
- The first state you call when you have a question.
- The state that pivots/reacts quickly and effectively when the program/world environment changes.
- The state that is known for good management practices, i.e. succession plans, involves staff, has effective training processes, etc.
- No state cannot nominate themselves.
- Award submissions will be evaluated against the criteria and not against each other.
The winner of this award will make a presentation at the COSCDA Annual Training Conference.